Monday, December 20, 2010

Catching Up



It's been a long time since I have posted! I feel like there is a lot to talk about. So I will try and go in order of some exciting things that have happened in the last couple of weeks. Right after Thanksgiving Irelyn had her 2 month appointment. Mima Dawn went along because mommy needed moral support for her shots. We learned that Irelyn is a very well nourished, healthy girl. She weighed 12 lbs. 7 oz and is in the 88th percentile for weight, she was 23 3/4 in long, and is in the 93rd percentile for height (not sure if that one will last based on mommy and daddy =)), and her head was 15 5/8 in and she was in the 75th percentile for head size. Once all of the fun stuff was done, it was time for Irelyn's shots. She got 3 shots in her legs and one oral vaccine. It was so sad. The nurse warned me that she would cry a cry that I had never heard before and sure enough she cried the highest, squealiest, cry that I have ever heard. I picked her right up and if she had long enough arms and had been strong enough I think she would have clung to me. Poor baby. She did end up calming down fairly quickly, so I was glad she wasn't sad for too long.

The same night of Irelyn's appointment we were taking off for a trip to visit Aunt Katie and Uncle Andrew in Ohio. We stopped over at Joe and Angie's house in Davenport, and the next morning we made the long trip the rest of the way. Irelyn is such a trooper, she did such a good job riding for so long. Irelyn had a fun weekend getting to see where Katie and Andrew live and getting to meet them for the first time. While we were there we also learned that Irelyn is somewhat of a magician. She would start the night laying the long way in the crib and in the morning Mommy would find her like this instead:


And as we already know, she has a knack for getting out of her straight jacket, er, I mean swaddle- more magic =)


Irelyn has been making lot's of other developmental advances that have been fun to watch. She has been super smiley for a while now, but at the beginning of December she started smiling at her toys. Then, I was super excited when she laid on the floor and played with her toys for more than a half an hour! That's a big deal in these parts! Previously she required a lot of moving and holding from mommy, but that was the longest time she had ever been engaged with anything. Recently she has been giving me a little laugh when I get her tummy. The most exciting things are the things that show me that she is getting more interactive with us. She definitely likes us to talk to her, and is pretty vocal back herself! I think we have a talker on our hands. Things like that make me wonder if we've got a little aunt Hilary growing up here =).

Now we've got lot's of Christmases coming up to talk about. =) I'm sure Irelyn is going to love it...well at least we will love watching it. I'm already afraid of the picture overload that is going to take place!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh she's so cute!! It's ok to have picture overload- we love it. Wow, at her rate of growth she's racing her cousin Nadia:) Can't wait to see her soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We need the sunglass picture from the trip. =)

    ReplyDelete