Saturday, January 22, 2011

Wrapping Up Christmas

Okay... so two more Christmases to talk about. I promise I never expected to be nearly a month after Christmas and still talking about it! I mean, don't get me wrong I love Christmas and it is definitely worth talking about, but I'm not trying to prolong it. My tests are done... for now, and hopefully forever... so I have time to sit down and finish up. Plus, I have lots more to talk about. Irelyn has been very busy in this time since Christmas!

So, on Tuesday the 28th we had Christmas with Casey's side of the family (although when out of town aunts and uncles come to visit, it is more of a week event, but the actual day was the 28th). Irelyn had fun catching up with Aunt Katie and Uncle Andrew who traveled back for Christmas. And she got to see Grandpa Pat at Christmas too, which was good since we were not able to go to the Malloy Christmas in Carroll. We were able to Skype with Aunt Molly and Bella for a little while, but Irelyn wasn't very happy around that time, so she didn't get to talk to them much. And of course she was able to spend time with all of her cousins, and local aunts and uncles, and Grandma Chris. It was a fun, crazy day with really yummy food... something Irelyn will have to enjoy next year... and fun presents for everyone.

Irelyn had her cousin Lydia's name for Christmas and got her a doll set with a doll, a little outfit, and a stroller for the baby. She thought that was a good idea because Lydia loves babies, and always wants to hold Irelyn when she sees her. Irelyn got a learn and discover driver toy. She can practice her driving skills- although mom's fine that it'll be a while before real driving starts. That was from her cousin Nadia (I think- I don't think it was either of the other Nilius girls sorry if I'm wrong on that!), but her mom and dad teach/have taught drivers ed, so they want her to have an early start in learning safe driving =). And, I'll admit, I did a really terrible job taking pictures at the Malloy Christmas, so there aren't many. I carried the camera with me most of the day though- so I tried! =)


Cuddling with Aunt Katie

Hanging out with Grandpa Pat

Irelyn was always sleeping when I thought to take a picture, so we took one later with her present

And here she is playing with it already with the help of her bumbo seat

At the end of the week, on New Years weekend, we had our last Christmas, the Hoylman Christmas. This year we had a fun time at the... well I don't know the name of the hotel, I always describe it as: "the hotel off of I-80 before you get to Iowa City... the one with the new indoor water park... and the Amana stores around it... we used to do a lot of family get togethers there..."=) I think it used to be a Holiday Inn, and I could look up the actual name of it, but I think you get the picture. On Saturday night all of the kids had a fun time playing at the water park. I was nostalgic because as a kid we stayed there several times for family things. At that time, it was just a pool, but it was like the biggest indoor hotel pool I had ever seen or been in (and I actually don't feel like I'm exaggerating it really was huge!) . So, on one hand the water park is awesome, but on the other hand I loved that pool and remembered lots of good times there. =) The water park is a nice size for little kids and I think everyone had a good time. There were lots of blue lips and little raisin fingers when everyone was done! We will have to take Irelyn back when she is a little older so that she can experience the fun.

The next day we had a nice dinner and presents with the whole family. Irelyn, Casey, and I had Colin's name for Christmas and we got him some Army dude stuff =). And Aunt Jane and Uncle Paul had Irelyn and they got her an Iowa Hawkeye cheerleading outfit! Perfect for next football season. She also got a Hawkeye sippy cup and Hawkeye board book.


Starting to open the present

This will teach me how to be a hawkeye! (and yes I love sucking on mom's wrist!)

Mima was taking pictures at Christmas, but I think I went too fast, so we took a picture later at home with all of Irelyn's presents.

The whole group!

Altogether it was a great Christmas season! It feels like a long time ago that I started talking about Christmases. It's always a little sad when Christmas is over, but this one was a little different because we were missing aunt Hilary and our new family member, Clinton, for the first time ever! So, in a way we are glad for the progression of time and are hoping to see them soon. Maybe then we can finish up Christmas with the whole family in tact. (even if it may be Christmas in June by the time it works out- but that's ok you can celebrate at any time right?! =)) Thanks for following along through Irelyn's first Christmas. We have many more updates to come! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment