Monday, February 7, 2011

Four Month Check-Up

Last Wednesday Irelyn had her 4 month check up. First, I cannot believe that it was her 4 month check-up! I remember scheduling her 2 month appointment and thinking that, that was a long ways away. And now we are at 4 months. Crazy... I know, I know what you're thinking "It goes soooo fast..." but you never really comprehend it until you're experiencing it first hand.

The doctor's visit was great and Irelyn is healthy and developing wonderfully. She is 25 3/4 inches long and in the 94th percentile for height... 15lbs 3oz. and in the 83rd percentile for weight... and her head is 16 3/8 inches and in the 69th percentile. Her rates of growth in all three areas are consistent, which is great. It is interesting to me that she is so long. I know that my parents are relatively tall (and my sister thinks she is tall, although we are the same ;) but all of the methods to figure children's height tend to take into account the parents height, not necessarily grandparents or other family members height. Like this one for instance: http://www.kidsgrowth.com/hc/height.cfm, which in utilizing 2 methods says she is estimated to be 5'4". Of course it doesn't really matter, just interesting and fun to try and figure out. I guess we shall see.

Bummer about doctor's visits is that they always end in shots =(. She is a super tough baby though. Poor thing... you watch as she gets the first shot and she never cries until it's out and she's given a minute to think about it. You can just see it processing in her eyes, and then all of a sudden it registers, "That hurt!" and the sad face takes over and the crying begins. The 2nd two pokes went fast and then even before I was able to swoop her up she stopped crying for a minute on her own... But then she remembered the ordeal she had just endured and started up again. Once I had her though she settled down very quickly.

In the car after her appointment. It seems like she is looking at me and saying, "gee thanks mom."

Poor little legs!


Chewing on fingers does help though!

2 comments:

  1. I hate shot days but know it is best if they have them. Cute pictures but she does look unhappy with someone in the first one. Wondering when we are going to hear her verbal skills on here :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. that last picture is SO cute! Miss her already:(

    ReplyDelete