Sunday, March 20, 2011

Where Has the Time Gone?!?!?

So it's apparently been well over a month since I have posted anything about Irelyn, and it has been busy, busy, busy here in the Malloy Household. I wasn't even able to send Irelyn's happy St. Patrick's Day wishes! Irelyn is becoming such a big girl now I can hardly believe it. She is vocalizing a lot more, and I can tell that it is becoming more refined sounds. Currently she is in the practicing stages of Mmmm... mmmm...ooooo.....mmmmmm......aaaaaaa.....
mmmmmm......ooooo........mmmmaaaaaaaaa. I believe this is the foundational stage of Mom...mom....mom...mom...mom...mom...mom...mom... Mom!!! of course that is coupled with incessant tapping.

I don't think she is associating any meaning with it yet, but hey she's got the "m" sound down, so now I'm pushing for her first word to be mom of course. Irelyn also loves to grab her toes, which is really cute because it shows of her squishy legs and all of her little rolls. Just the way we like little baby legs! And, she is definitely rolling over. At around 4 months she rolled from her back to her tummy (the hard one I believe) and ever since then she either forgot she could do it or deemed rolling to her tummy as completely overrated and didn't want to do it anymore. Either way, she has now taken to rolling over to her tummy, but it seems she forgot how to get back to her back. We're working on it.

Tonight I want to post some pictures all the way back from early February when Aunt Katie and Aunt Molly and Bella came to visit. I also started a youtube account because we got a video camera for Christmas. I'm getting them organized and I'm going to see how this works out. So, here is the link to Irelyn and Bella "playing" with each other. I originally had it set as private, but in order to see it everyone had to have a youtube user name. I'm going to warn everyone, so far these videos aren't super exciting... nothing like the famous baby laughing at torn paper or charlie biting his brother. These are "...a day in the life..." types of videos =)


And here are some pics of the cousins:
The three 2010 Malloy babies... Playing so nicely

And then I think Nadia sees something she wants to play with... it might be Bella's face...

And now I think Bella wants out of there

Irelyn wasn't feeling much like smiling, I think she was overwhelmed... this was actually the closest she got

And... I believe this could almost be categorized as a scowl...

Nadia is done with this scene... Bella isn't happy about something... and Irelyn still looks overwhelmed =) The craziness of getting 7, 5, and 4 month olds all in the same picture. They will definitely be pics that get pulled out a lot in the years to come though.

3 comments:

  1. hahaha, what a booger butt. She's always got that serious face in pictures. She is just hilarious. I especially like the third picture...I wonder what she is thinking there? she's got a cute face in the fourth one, and the fifth one is hilarious that she looks so annoyed while the other girls are so happy...she IS like me :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, by the way...i like the little birthday countdown :) it's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such cute pictures!!! I wish I could see her grabbing her toes...you should take a video of it! Miss you and that chubber!

    ReplyDelete