Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Little Flower Girl

This is part 1 of my catch up series from this summer. We had some super big events happen and one was Hilary and Clinton's wedding in June. We had a whirlwind month of May to say the least! Hilary and Clinton flew back home from South Korea, arrived on my birthday =), and the next day immediately started all of the final details every bride has a month before their wedding. It was a flurry of dress fittings, meetings at the reception hall, food tasting, cake tasting and picking, visits to the ceremony sites, all of the random things that need to be picked up, painting of decorations, seating charts, in-person meetings (keep in mind Hil and Clinton had been skyping wedding vendors), and to round things out... an entire engagement worth of showers. It was tons of fun, but definitely felt like we squeezed what is usually spread out in 6 months to a year, into 1 month.

Hilary and Clinton's wedding ceremony was June 4th, 2011 and the cool thing is it was the anniversary of their marriage license signing on June 4th, 2010- so either way you look at it they have the same anniversary. Irelyn's cousins, Mia and Julia were flower girls in the wedding and Irelyn was an honorary flower girl. I think the best way to tell this story is through the pictures.


It was fun getting dolled up for the day!

Mia's hair... all done

There was lot's of time to wait, so Alyssa's I phone came in handy

Reading a book to pass the time

Jess was a lifesaver and came to help out and hang out with us for the day to take care of Irelyn

Irelyn's first walk down the aisle

Here comes Mia... Julia is slowly making it down there =)

Every guest is secretly waiting to see what unexpected things the flower girls will do... Julia was feeling shy this day...
sorry random kid in this picture you made it on my blog, thanks for smiling though!

Here comes the bride! Her dress and hair and flowers were perfectly her

I love the natural, pretty mistiness that appears in the picture... in reality it was just really hot and humid... and I promise this is not the main thing I remember from your wedding Hil, but I was getting eaten alive by mosquitos! I had monster bug bites like nothing I had ever seen before!

I was nervous about fluffing her train and veil because it needed to lay so nicely it was so pretty, but I am pleased with this pic... going back to the mosquitos and bugs... this might have been the time that I was intently watching a bug sit on Hil, I wasn't really sure what to do... my hands were full of flowers and I didn't want to cause a scene

I had to throw in a couple of my favorite pics of just the two of them... but we'll get back to Irelyn in a minute...



That's the car Hil and my dad came in and then Hil and Clinton left in... pretty cool =)

This one is so perfect... I love it!

Between the ceremony and the reception we borrowed Hils photographer friend's camera to get some shots of Irelyn with her aunt and uncle. As you can see, Irelyn's flower didn't make it all the way through the day... in fact I believe it was on the way to the ceremony that some baby hands did their work on it



Uncle Clinton loves Irelyn and Irelyn loves uncle Clinton... he was the first guy (that wasn't Casey) that Irelyn gave one of her hard-to-come-by kisses to.

Irelyn's flower is starting to look like a rectangle

Cute, cute!


Casey had to get in on the action... =) I wish I had a video of him singing at the wedding that I could post here, but I don't unfortunately

1 comment:

  1. I know this may sound silly, but seeing all of you in these pictures brought tears to my eyes. (and I PROMISE I'm not pregnant!;) I don't know what's wrong with me but I miss you all. I feel like I'm missing out on so much in your lives. Anyway-love this blog! Guess that means maybe I should get on the ball and start one? Can't WAIT to see you guys very very soon!

    ReplyDelete