Irelyn and I do our grocery shopping at the Ankeny Hy-Vee every Monday morning... except this week it was Tuesday. Maybe about 6 months ago, Irelyn started to exclaim every time we were in the produce/bakery section. Like "Ooooh! Look mom! Look!" (Only it sounded more like "Ahhh!") with some pointing. It took me a while to figure out, but her persistence allowed me every visit to realize there is a huge black feather on the top of a display wedding cake that she is enamored with!
I'm not exaggerating she literally spots it and exclaims about it every time we are shopping. It bounces in the breeze of the vents, and I'm pretty sure she thinks it is a real animal... and she's dying to hold it. We can be anywhere in the vicinity of the feather and she is yelling and pointing like "Look mom, it's our friend! Can I hold it? Please! Please!"
Here is a map of the back part of the store with marks indicating where Irelyn has spotted our feathered friend. The height of the feather gives her great range to admire it from all over... and she does.
Here she is reaching for it... we hadn't even gotten there yet and she spotted it. Usually we at least make it past it.
Anyways, I think it's pretty cute and it gives me a chuckle every time I'm transitioning between the veggie section and carb section... (either that or I'm excited to be moving from veggies to carbs).
Here's one final shot of naughty pants... she dug out all of the trash that I had just thrown away in the office and was pretty proud of herself.
Goodnight... Christmas blog to come very soon!




That is funny! Makes me want to take her to the store just to watch her spot the feathered friend :)
ReplyDelete