I've decided that Christmas shopping for a baby is the easiest shopping I've ever done. It's almost dangerously easy! Before I go any further, a quick disclaimer- this blog is completely devoted to the Christmas presents we are shopping for, for Irelyn and I can't imagine it would be super interesting to most people. I just kind of thought that if those far away sisters were here in town, I'd be pulling all these things out to show them when they stopped by. So, essentially this is my way of showing them these things when they or anyone "stops by." I love for anyone to read it, but I didn't want people to get to the end and wonder why on earth I filled a page about baby toys =)
So, Casey and I started shopping for Irelyn's first Christmas last week in the toy section at Target. There aren't a huge number of toys that are made for babies this age, which in reality is probably a good thing (for us). We are planning ahead though and have found a number of things to choose from to last through 1 year. The first thing we found that we thought she just had to have was the old school phone that most everyone my age had when they were growing up. Target is going old school with this line of toys so we purchased this familiar friend:
Every little kid needs a play phone! I've seen so many little ones grab their little phone and imitate their mom or dad. It's so cute and I'm excited for when Irelyn is doing the same. Of course, this phone is a rotary dial, and all we've got are cell phones. But, I think she'll get the gist of it- maybe we should throw a play cell phone in the mix later.
So that covers her social development and for her motor development we found these cool blocks to build all kinds of things with. Who doesn't love to build a tower just to knock it
over?!
And finally we found this rolly ball with all kinds of learning nooks and cranny's on it. It's perfect for little fingers to discover new shapes, feelings, and sounds. It might be one of those toys that drive mom and dad crazy after about five minutes, but I think it will be fun to watch her discover new things on it.
We are just getting started. I am finding that I overthink things just a bit and feel the need to cover all areas of development in her toys- so we have a list of things to consider. Casey especially wants this ball poppy-thing.I have to admit, it does look like fun. Not sure what the developmental areas are, but it's sure to get tons of little baby chuckles!

P.S. I have a bunch of random photos taken and will devote the next blog to those and some of the funny things Irelyn has been up to.
well... I too have been shopping for the little booger. I must admit though, I have not put that much thought into her development...sorry to say :P
ReplyDelete