Thursday, January 13, 2011

Christmas With Mima and Opa! (Part 2)

The Christmas blogs are coming to an end... I promise... eventually. I really never intended for Christmas blogs to be this drawn out, but with studying for my exams and the start of the semester, time has gotten away from me. Plus, I actually had this whole blog finished a couple of days ago, and when I went to post it, it failed and I lost it all... so, here goes another try!

We were pretty groggy Christmas morning... the late night and all of the excitement caught up with us. We woke up to a house full of toys from Santa all ready and waiting for Irelyn to play with them. We had a lot of fun just hanging out together, and also got to enjoy spending some time with Grandma and Grandpa Edeker (that being my grandma and grandpa). We started the day with some delicious Christmas brunch with my mom's famous french toast, yummy egg casserole, and bacon... well, the bacon was... well... limited... apparently Leopold can live through eating a whole pound of raw bacon... so we were left with the stuff that I had randomly brought along, which was about as thin as paper. The rest of the day was spent just relaxing and being with each other, with little spots of gifts for Irelyn.

A little bird told me that we needed more pictures on here, and I agree so the rest of Christmas Day will be told in pictures.


We came down to these toys, ready and waiting from Santa... Poor guy, we forgot to leave him milk and cookies!

Getting ready for brunch. Grandma s helping put Irelyn's stubborn sock back on.

Trying out the new entertainer with daddy! Mommy likes this a lot because when Irelyn can stand on her own, the seat comes off for an entertaining table!

Slide around to the other side to check things out...

The only problem is my legs aren't quite long enough yet!

Trying out the new, soft chair ... I'm not sure why I'm writing in underline, I didn't choose this...


A gift from Mima and Opa, Opa was very excited about this, and yes, it's real!

What kid doesn't need a real phone... =) It's so cute and I already have visions of walking into Irelyn's room to find she has called Opa at work to tell him about her day. He said he'd take her call anytime =)

Leopold got a gift too... it was actually just a ploy to keep him busy all day... and it worked!

Hanging out with Grandma

And then this happened when Mima tried to take her from Grandma. I don't think it was Mima, I think it was the tiredness taking over... (Again with the darn underline!)

So... it was nap time...

For Leopold too =) He did a number on that toy

It is our family's tradition to put baby Jesus into the Nativity scene on Christmas Day, so we did it here with Irelyn for the first time

I don't think she caught the Christmas spirit though... she doesn't look very happy here. Look at that lip Hil! Does it look familiar?

Later we opened presents from Aunt Hilary and Uncle Clinton... Mommy and Irelyn have matching aprons for Christmas baking next year!

Opening up Irelyn's new tea set

Irelyn got a tea set, petits fours, and a Fancy Nancy tea party book from Hilary and Clinton

And, Irelyn and Opa can have a tea party now!

Happy little elf feet!
A couple more Christmases to come, thanks for sticking with us through our first Christmas journey!

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! What a little punkin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. i must say that baby is the cutest baby ever. Well tied with a couple others I know, I love the blog and the underlining was a great touch. You guys are great new parents. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily! So cute! I love the pictures-Irelyn is a doll and I can't wait to see her:)

    ReplyDelete