Monday, January 24, 2011

Sleeping Arrangements...

Ever since we brought Irelyn home from the hospital, she has slept in a "side-car" type bed right next to me. It's nice because I can look at her at any time of the night and check on her and just pull her up with me when it's time to feed her... it looks like this:


Irelyn turned 3 months around the first of the year, so I had that marker in my mind to start transitioning her to her crib in her room. But I would lay in bed and imagine her all the way across the hall (of our ginormous house;)), in that big bed (all 5' x 2' that it is), and that big room all alone, and it was kind of hard for me to follow through. So, I decided that first we should transition her away from the bed, like this:


It was a good plan... but somehow through the night... of course I have no idea how... this happened:

I guess mom's not ready... so if you visit in May and her bed is outside our door, you'll know that inch by inch we are making progress =)

3 comments:

  1. Those little girls do that to you. Just can't let them go. Very cute story-Thanks!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. well at least it's like a foot a way now :) she's just too precious to let go isn't she. But it's okay...she'll only be in the next room. Plus, she needs to enjoy all the hard work we put into her room making it pink and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think its just fine you can move her when you feel like it in the mean time keep her close. Near is better than far just one control freak dads opinion.love you Dad

    ReplyDelete