Irelyn got to go trick or treating for the first time last night! We went along with Irelyn's aunt Laura and her cousins Mackenzie, Ashlan, and Lydia... (Irelyn's cousins... not Laura's of course- although I'm sure they would be fun too). It was a spooktacular time... and even included a trip through a home-made haunted house... they were serious about their Halloween... and I might add did a good job with the DIY haunting. It was enough to make me scurry to catch up to Casey to protect me from the flashing lights and pretend ghosts =/. I'm sure the 12 year old in the Freddy Kruger (sp?) mask thought I was a dork, but I don't like being "jumped-out" at! Irelyn had a great time. She loves getting to watch her older cousins and can't wait til she's running around with them. She also came away with a pretty good stash from all of those serious Halloween houses... and I promise we'll share a little with her.
We had a hard time deciding what to have Irelyn be for Halloween this year. Last year she was a ladybug... nothing beats a cute little baby bug. This year we debated... puppy? ducky? lady bug again? ice cream cone? bumble bee? And then I realized we have all of the necessary ingredients to make the cutest, peppiest, sparkiest, little Iowa Hawkeye Cheerleader!

Yay! Go Hawks!

I-O-W-A
Daddy and Irelyn just getting started...
Heading to the first house...
Daddy got to do a lot of the picking
All the girls in their costumes... they've got the drill down

Mackenzie all dressed up... sorry Ashlan and Lydia I wasn't able to catch you before the sun went down =(
But I got them all in the group!

"Ok, I'm seriously getting tired of these things on my wrists!"

"Maybe if I shake my hand vigorously up and down these will come off..."

"Get...off... of... my... wrist!"

"There, finally free of those poofs!"

"Ok, I'm out."
Happy Halloween!
SOOO CUTE!!!! I wish I could have been there. She is a precious cheerleader!!!!
ReplyDeletesuch a cutie. Wish we could have gone trick or treating with you! We're going tonight with Aunt Katie at least;)
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lot of fun! Each year will just get more fun going with her cousins!
ReplyDeleteaww, I've missed it two years in a row! :( She's a cutie patootie. She is the cutest Iowa cheerleader there is! She looked a little sleepy by the end of the night :) I bet she would share some of her candy with her aunt Hilary or..... at least her uncle Clinton :P
ReplyDelete