
My mom got stopped and had to be wanded (she is a dangerous chic)… and then for some reason I felt like I couldn’t just leave everything on the belt (Des Moines is pretty dicey someone might take it) so I needed to gather everything by myself… I can just imagine everyone staring and saying “oh that poor dear travelling all alone… why would she pack so much” (people are sympathetic to travelling moms as long as the baby is quiet =)) I grabbed my two bags, my moms bag, her shoes and belt, my shoes, Irelyn’s shoes, the laptop, our jackets, the “liquids” zip lock (such a pain) plus the car seat…. Ha ha oh yeah and Irelyn too! We stumbled over to the benches where I proceeded to drop it all (except for Irelyn) and start to repack everything…. We just had a little bit of a bumpy ride to Detroit (bumpy A.K.A. crabby baby), but finally made it to Georgia! Phew!
We got to spend 5, “pre-baby”, days hanging out, getting Christmas gifts ready, working on Christmas cards, baking cookies, getting pedicures, staying up late laughing and talking, (me forcing the rest of the group through several Hallmark and Lifetime Christmas movies... it's a must), and always eagerly waiting for baby Ellis to come. Irelyn also indicated to us that she would like a dog bed for Christmas...

Oh, and of course my to do list... getting my hair trimmed... because I finally had time! So in an attempt to get my one goal accomplished I made an appointment on Monday the 19th for a 12:00p.m. haircut on Tuesday- oh so exciting to get my hair beautified again!
We all wanted baby boy to come really bad… so not without our encouragement Hilary gave the ol’ caster oil trick a try… we felt a little funny as we slid it through the Walgreens checkout… Pregnant girl + caster oil = obvious attempt of labor induction. We expected a voice of experience to chime up from the person behind the register and tell us that it was going to be a failed attempt…. But we got through with a simple “hello” and “thanks for coming in” and Hilary bravely downed the dose in a cup of applesauce. That was Monday night (notice... the night before my appointment)... I told Hilary "you are going to go into labor now, and I'm not going to be able to get my hair done!"... she said "yes you will. I'm sure you will have time to get it done, it will be a long labor. He's not going to come right when you are getting your hair done!" (Yes... I am foreshadowing...)
We will never know I guess whether it was the castor oil or just time for Baby Ellis to come (probably a little of both- and I'm totally trying caster oil next time!)… but the morning after she took it, strong contractions started with a vengeance! I groggily read a text around 7:30 from Hilary that said she felt like she was having real contractions. She felt like it was time to leave around 9:30 and made it to the hospital around 10 where they found she was dilated to a 6! A 6! Ten minutes later to a 9!!! A 9 ten minutes after a 6... unbelievable!!! (Auntie Em is wondering why Hilary got all the fast labor genes!?!). Instead of arriving at the hair salon at 12, Irelyn, my mom, and I were treading the halls of the maternity ward waiting to hear the announcement, and needless to say it went fast! Healthy, beautiful, baby Caius made his appearance at 12:45 p.m (a mere 45 minutes after my hair appointment was supposed to take place)... No complaints though, it was definitely worth missing my hair appointment- I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Let the cuddle time begin!




It’s so hard to believe the time that we were looking forward to and planning for has already come and gone. But it was a great time and was so much fun getting to snuggle a new baby again!
haha...who needs a puppy for Christmas? Just give the kid a dog bed! Also, your comment about your elbow made me laugh out loud. Thanks for the update. It was fun to read it from your perspective.
ReplyDeleteFun to recount that day. It seems so long ago and it hasn't even been a month yet. It was so much fun having time with just the girls, and of course Clinton, then each day just got better with each addition-Caius, dad and then Casey to make the family complete. A Christmas we will never forget. Thanks for posting.
ReplyDelete