Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Smiles, smiles, smiles...I caught some!!!

Irelyn has been super smiley lately and I was finally able to catch some on film! (well actually on "chip.") Her happiest times are in the morning soon after she wakes up and we are getting ready for the day. Yesterday, I was sitting with her and talking about what we were going to do during the day, how Thanksgiving was this week, and that Christmas was coming soon. During all of my rambling she was smiling away. Not only was she smiling, but she was making tons of sounds back to me, telling me her own stories I suppose. When she isn't smiling in our conversations, she takes on a pretty serious look as if she is thinking it all through. (She's very smart of course so I'm sure she's taking in all the words to say them back to me any day now ;).


Then Irelyn and I were heading to the grocery store and instead of hauling in the whole infant seat I wanted to use my sling. Well, with every new thing I do with Irelyn I get really nervous that it's going to be disastrous. I don't want to be "that mom" with "that kid" that just won't be quiet. Irelyn isn't always 100% fond of the sling, but it's such a good way to keep her close and make her feel secure so I insist on using it=)- I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to get her comfortably situated in the sling in order for her to be happy. So, I got into the back seat to get my sling on, and as I was working on it I was telling Irelyn (not really seriously, more to just hear the sound of my own voice) that she needed to behave in the grocery store and not do any screaming. And as I was going through all of my expectations I looked over and she was just grinning away, almost as if she was thinking of all of the mischief that she was going to cause in the store (either that or laughing at all my talking!). Thankfully, she isn't to that age yet to be thoughtfully naughty! =) And, in the end she was a good girl and slept through the whole trip. (Wow- that was a long description of a not really significant event!)


In other news, we've hit a rather sad point- Irelyn is starting to rub a little bald spot on the back of her head =(. I tell her not to rub her head back and forth when she's laying down, but she does it anyway. =) Maybe we need to start using more hats ;)

3 comments:

  1. I don't know why the top paragraph is underlined- it isn't significant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second I opened my e-mail and saw that first picture I literally smiled a huge smile. It was so nice to see her little smiley face :) makes me want to be with her right now. I'm glad the sling worked out and that she is being a little happier with your "happiest baby on the block." she's just the cutest little booger butt ever...even with a mullet. thanks for posting! keep it up. i love hearing about your adventures together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The smiling pic is suuuch a cute pic! I loved the description of the sling story...so funny, I'm sitting here smiling...

    ReplyDelete